In this article, we are going to cover digestive enzymes and their role in helping the body process food.
There are studies to show the effectiveness of supplementing with digestive enzymes.
When the body does not digest food properly the nutrients are not delivered to organs and tissues that need it.
Aside from the discomfort that can accompany digestive disorders; it can affect the overall feeling of well-being.
One example is in the energy level of the person; if the B complex vitamins do not get absorbed in the digestive process, the person’s energy level will diminish.
Many health issues will correct itself when the digestive system is working correctly.
People experience discomfort from improper digestion; bloating, constipation, diarrhea, heartburn, nausea, and pain can all originate from the digestive system.
Understanding the digestive system better will enable people to make better choices on their supplements needs.
That is why it is essential to make sure your digestive system is working correctly.
List Digestive Enzymes
The table below has a comprehensive list of the digestive enzymes in the order that the food moves through the body.
These enzymes get secreted into the food as part of the digestive process. Each one plays a role in maintaining the digestive system. Maintaining the proper balance is crucial to overall digestive health.
There is a common misconception that since the body makes the enzymes that it is not necessary to supplement digestive enzymes.
The statement is correct in that the body does make the enzymes; every action the body does requires resources to work. What if the ingredients are limited or are not there?
Another thing to think about in supplements is that when the enzymes are present in the food stream and the body does not need to make it; then the body can use its resources to do other things.
Types of Digestive Enzymes
There are several types of enzymes that the body uses to digest food correctly.
• Protease is the enzyme that breaks down the protein. As people get, there is a reduction in the enzymes produced making it more challenging to digest meats.
• Lactase is the enzyme to break down dairy products. Low levels of this enzyme can leave someone with unwanted symptoms like cramps, bloating, gas, etc.
• Lipase is the enzyme that breaks down fat. Low levels of this enzyme can leave someone low in the water-soluble vitamins D, K, E, and A.
• Cellulase is the enzyme that helps to break down the high fiber plant foods. People who lack this will experience excessive gas.
• Amylase is the enzyme that breaks down carbohydrates. When this enzyme is deficient, it leads to the fermenting, which produces carbon dioxide and water, causing uncomfortable cramping and diarrhea.
• Bromelain is an enzyme that breaks down proteins and fats making it an excellent supplement to help with digestion.
Benefits of Digestive Enzymes Supplements
In the previous section, we covered the different types of enzymes and what their functions are, the benefits to supplementing with digestive enzymes are numerous.
The digestive enzyme is a portion of the overall digestive health of the body; there must accompany the correct Prebiotic and Probiotic levels for the system to function correctly.
Maintaining the proper balance of the enzymes and other essential ingredients necessary for proper digestive health will give someone relief from some of the symptoms that people experience.
Studies show that a substantial percentage of the population can benefit from supplementing their digestive enzymes. Even when suffering from chronic constipation or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) people have shown remarkable improvements.
Here is a list of the top ten benefits from taking Digestive Enzyme Supplements:
- Reduce the stress on the entire digestive system
- Reduces inflammation in the stomach
- Improves the digestion of food and the unwanted side effects
- Increased nutrient absorption into the body
- Supports a healthy microbiome balance in the digestive system
- Reduces food allergies and general sensitivities to different types of food
- Improve the bodies immune system and help it to fight infections
- Improves cellular energy production and increased vitality
- Helps to minimize autoimmunity
- Improves skin and tissue healing, so injuries heal faster
Best Place to Buy Digestive Enzymes
When considering the source of your supplements, it is imperative to take a good look at the company and its history.
Reputable companies are going to follow good manufacturing practices and have research backing up any of there claims.
The FDA does not regulate the supplements industry because supplements are not medications.
There are just public opinions and the information that is coming from marketing and advertising which can be misleading.
Find the products that have premium ingredients that will deliver the results that you are seeking. What good is it to save a few dollars and pay the price with your health?
Online there are many places with good sources of information top make researching easier and give you a sense of confidence that you are getting the best product for you.
Our digestive systems play an integral role in our overall health and our general sense of well-being.
We need to give our bodies the raw ingredients to function correctly, and it will reward us with feeling better.
Life is much better when you have your health, it is fragile and needs to be taken care of, and not left chance.
Realizing the importance of your health is essential; do not wait until your health gets bad enough to prevent you from doing the things that you enjoy.
There are too many tools at our fingertips these days to allow that to happen. Take the time to take care of yourself, and your life will be much better!
Here is a product that I use for digestive enzyme supplements from Avisae. Click Here!
Thanks for taking the time to read this article, I hope that you got some helpful information.
Please leave your comments, experiences or suggestions in the section below.